If there’s one trend to up your style game on the nursery run this summer, its the tablecloth trend. Checked prints are everywhere; tops, trousers, sundresses and jumpsuits and whether you’re pre, post or pregnant right now, there’s a style to suit you.
Points to remember with wearing checks for your shape:
- If you’re petite, go for a smaller check like gingham. You don’t want the print to swamp you
- If you’re pear-shaped, wear wide checks on your top half to balance out your silhouette
- If you’re top heavy choose a pair of wide leg trousers or cullottes to flatter your shape
Here’s The Mothershop’s edit of the best checks. Some are already in the sale so hurry if you want to snap up a bargain! See below for details:
- A versatile sundress will see you through summer with ease. Just throw on and go.
- This puff sleeve blouse is great for adding shape and emphasising your waist
- A structured maxi can be great for work and gives your look a fashion edge
- These maternity dungarees will see you through every trimester and after
- Layer this dress over a vintage blouse, a plain tee or a roll neck for optimum wear
- This wrap dress would work on the school run teamed with a pair of Stan Smiths