As I write this, I’m sat here eating a mixture of left-over Easter egg and Digestive nibbles (they’re delicious chocolate biscuit balls that look like a bit like rabbit droppings). Whether you’re a new Mum, or if like me, you’ve eaten your own bodyweight in chocolate this Easter – or both, chances are you’ll be the proud owner of a Mum-Tum.
Let’s be honest, who has the time (or inclination) to do 100 crunches a day or go to the gym for a leisurely work out? Not me that’s for sure. Neither however, am I too keen on showing off my Easter eating achievement, so what’s the answer? I’ll tell you…it’s the midi skirt / jumper killer combo.
Why does it work?
- A high waisted midi will sit just on your waistline, go for an elasticated waistband style which will skim over your curves
- A lightweight knit or slouchy sweatshirt (I’m a big fan of a Miason Labiche at the moment, as seen here) will cover over any Mum-tum issues
- It looks like you’ve made an effort and thought about your outfit – which when you’re a Mum you have little time for either
- You can wear trainers. Call me old but I’m all for practical and comfort. I barely ever wear heels so anything that works with flats is a winner in my book, it’s ideal for busy Mum’s on the run
- It suits our weird weather. One day its hot, one day its cold, this is the perfect in-between seasons look
Here’s my edit of the best around at the moment. Click or hover over the image for details…